Thursday 1 December 2011

New Old Cat

New Visitor (aka Cat) is fine and well.  She's bossed Scooby around and he knows not to mess with her, which is good because she has a fondness for his food.

 Cat eating Scooby's food

I keep opening the front door for her in case she wants to go but she just sits there, unimpressed.

I did take Cat to the vets tonight though to see if she was microchipped.  She isn't.  She's very old though, the vet reckons she's  10 or  11 years old.  Her heart seemed to be ok and despite being very skinny he thought she might just need her teeth cleaning at some point.

After giving her the once over he says to me "So, are you holding on to her?"  What else could I say but "yeah".  So what if she's an old lady, she's more than welcome to live a few more years comfortably here.

I will post her details on some lost and found websites and stick a poster on a couple of lamp-posts, just in case there's a heartbroken person out there pining for her.

Another thing I found out.....she's very car-sick.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I'm not sure she's a Dorris. Maybe an Annie :-?

    ReplyDelete