Wednesday 1 February 2012

Scooby is bonkers!!!

I don't know if it's a side effect of the change of his food, maybe there's too much protein or something but Scooby is completely bonkers crazy.


Copyright 2003 Eri Izawa

 
Scooby was a nightmare at dog training class tonight.  He kept running off when it was his turn to do something.  This was despite me having some excellent treats with me!!!  And he'd had lots of exercise beforehand.  He was really happy though.  It's hard to be angry with him when he's just so sodding happy and excited.

I'd get him back and put him in a 'down' to calm him down and he'd just roll over wanting me to tickle his tummy. 

I despair.

I changed his food because of his sensitive skin.  I'm not sure if it's helping his skin yet but he seems to be losing cognitive abilities by the day.  To be fair, he didn't have the full set to start off with, but still...


mystery package - the talk of the Post Office

Following the work-avoidance strategies I've been employing recently (i.e. buying stuff off the internet) I had to call in to the Post Office to collect a parcel that couldn't be delivered the other day.

I joined a long queue (of mostly old people) but by the time I was served the post office was empty.  This gave the men behind the counter the opportunity to quiz me over the contents of my parcel.  They were very impressed with the wrapping "it's been sewn!!  look! they've stitched it together!".  This prompted all kinds of questions about what I'd bought, and from where.  "You been ebaying?" one asked with a suspicious sideways look.

The interrogation wasn't exactly of the Special Branch variety, and to be fair they had been audited that day ("we had to count every stamp!") so I didn't mind providing a bit of a diversion.  The package was indeed very exciting, from Bali, sewn, and from a very exotically named person and impressively made its way to me despite only 50% of my name being spelt correctly.

I had to put them out of their miseries eventually and admitted it was probably just something for my dog's eczema.  This made them laugh.  And then apologise.

an abundance of neem

Open the door, find the scissors and open the mystery parcel and yes, it was something for Scooby's eczema.  Loads and loads and loads of Neem.  Neem shampoo, Neem oil, Neem tea leaves, Neem other stuff...

Yes, I did buy it on impulse, but I'll give it a go to see if it helps the daft dog. 

First impressions?  It's a bit stinky...

This video of one happy dog sums up how Scooby is acting at the moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment