Saturday 12 November 2011

Beware of the dog

My new sign from ebay arrived today.



The idea is to scare off potential burglars.  The problem is, Scooby actually isn't very scary.  Even his name which he suits so well isn't scary.  On occasion when I've found myself in an intimidating situation I have changed his name.

Walking Scooby through a less cheerful part of town in the dark and surrounded by be-tracksuited youths I have (once or twice) resorted to tugging on Scooby's lead (as if to restrain a wild beast) and told him "Calm down Killer! No!"

I could get an Oscar for my part but Scooby's rubbish at acting hard and gives it away by enthusiastically wagging his tail at the feral youths, who in turn go all mushy, come over and ask me what kind of dog he is, how old he is and then tell me all about their pit bulls.

An example of Scooby 'not looking hard' after my son put a t-shirt on him following a request to dry off the dog.

2 comments: