Sunday 20 November 2011

where there's a will

I was listening to an item on radio 4 the other day about a scheme to get people without wills to make them for a charitable donation.  I've been trying to find a solicitor to make an appointment.

The thing is I've not really got anything to leave behind.  My sprogs are grown-up and so I don't need to find guardians for them.  But then there's Scooby...



It's quite hard finding someone to agree to look after Scooby.  I don't want someone to say 'yeah yeah I'll have him' without really thinking about it, but on the other hand the more people think about it the less likely they are to agree.


I know beggars can't be choosers but little things suddenly seem important to me in prospective adopters...will they let him snuggle up to them on the settee?  when he has a nightmare will they be gentle with him?  will they give him lots of chewy things...and dried tripe even though it stinks and makes him fart worse than usual?


I think the way forward is probably to have conditions to any financial benefits.  I can see now why people have left their houses or fortunes to their cats.  My conditions would have to be a lot more modest, including things like my vinyl collection and set of Wade Natwest pigs in return for a long and cuddly life for Scooby.

I think I'm going to have to rob a bank/win the lottery...

1 comment:

  1. update: I've had two offers to look after Scooby!
    The first person was worried about not being able to give Scooby pig's ears or cow's ears to chew but we negotiated and dried tripe is ok :-)
    The second said "I'm very old and will probably die before Scooby but if not I'll have him"
    Result. Scooby has options! :-)

    ReplyDelete