Saturday 14 January 2012

The Frozen Pond

One of Scooby's favourite ponds was frozen over this morning.  I know this because Scooby ran up to paddle in it, one foot touched the ice and he jumped out of his skin.  He was very confused.


I didn't realise he hadn't come across a frozen pond before.  His reaction was very funny.  He tried to get in the pond in a couple of places but everytime he came into contact with the frozen water he jumped back.  Bless.

He cried a lot, and when I picked up pieces of the ice he grabbed them and took them away.  I filmed him 'not going in the pond'.  I wanted to capture his response to the ice but he resolutely refused to go anywhere near the water.  I think this is a good thing, in case he ever comes across a proper frozen pond.

Important: The pond is very shallow (more like a big puddle) and the ice was very thin (less than 1cm thick).  I would never encourage Scooby to do something dangerous and he is never left unattended near anything that could be harmful to him (frozen ponds, water, cars, zombies...)

Another thing to add to the list of
Things Scooby is scared of...

No comments:

Post a Comment